It is my home, my neighborhood, and my history. It is what I am and where I came from. Embarrassing? Yes Boring? Never

Friday, September 26, 2008

She is 16

My granddaughter is 16 today! (Zowie's daughter, Pretty Baby) Last night we baked cupcakes for her to take to school today. She wanted to be with uncool grandma and bake. Because I have one billion different kind of sprinkles, no doubt, but it was great. She talked and laughed until about 11 - I was almost late for work, but it was entirely worth it. I just kept looking at her and thinking about how beautiful she is and special she is. I want to hold her in my heart just as she was last night, laughing and funny and just incredibly her. I am so lucky.

Of course I was so busy, I had to use a rice cake as the cake of the day! You'll have that!

1 comment:

April said...

Oh my gosh, I didn't realize she was so old already!!

I guess I have been gone for a long time.

Wow.