It is my home, my neighborhood, and my history. It is what I am and where I came from. Embarrassing? Yes Boring? Never

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

Last night was Tank's birthday dinner, amazing as usually (Yeah, that's right - I had dinner for 15 including the crack babies, who left all sugared up and Zowie shaking her head and threatening to leave them with me! Also was George's birthday, and gave him the helmet and chest plate Angel and I had for him, which could not have been better for the 11 year old, he slept with them last night, the mark of a truly great birthday gift!), and today I had my last day on my old job! My replacement feels comfortable and they are to hire another person (yeah, it will take two to replace me!). My old boss gave me flowers (her husband works for a floral company) and several of my co-workers teared up pretty good. My new co-workers were all happy for me! My husband had most of the dishes from last night done, so I had time to relax and read some blogs, pay some bills, and do some laundry. Ohh, what fun!

And for those of you following the Month of Cakes, we had Fruit Cake (pineapple cake, with maraschino cherries, pineapple, mandarin oranges, nuts and raisins made into cupcakes), Cheesecakes (made in cupcake cups topped with cherry pie filling -- mmmmm) and today is gingerbread made in star shaped foil cup cake tins!

No comments: