It is my home, my neighborhood, and my history. It is what I am and where I came from. Embarrassing? Yes Boring? Never

Monday, December 8, 2008

Surprise!

Saturday night a wonderful surprise --- a party for ME! They did great! Fat Cat and one of my friends got me a good one (of course, Fat Cat got too excited and we ended up there an hour early, so surprise to all the guests as I arrived there before them!) But it was fun! Felt odd because usually I am doing all the work and getting everything together, so it was a little awkward, but great, just great! Angel was amazing, the weekend was mainly her and I. I adore her, I realize just how lucky am I to have a daughter so wonderful. She is going to be married and will be on her own soon, our future may never have a whole weekend like this again. And these friends of mine. Lately I have forgotten how lucky I am. My faith in all of them has been renewed and I am all in love with them again. I am all sappy with Christmas spirit and joy. Then I received a card in the mail, with photos of my parents and siblings from a time before I was born. I look at the pictures and remember how my birthdays were. My son looked at them and saw me in my mother's face. And I realized that this year, I have been Scrooged. The past the present and the future were all touched this weekend, and I am a better person because of it.

1 comment:

April said...

awww, how awesome. Glad you had a great time.

Angel is pretty great. Tank too.

You did a great job with both of them.