It is my home, my neighborhood, and my history. It is what I am and where I came from. Embarrassing? Yes Boring? Never

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sand Box Fun!

FAT CAT: Boys, you want to play in the sand box?
Crack Baby 1 and Crack Baby 2: (screams and clapping) YES YES!!!

FAT CAT takes them to the back yard and flips the lid off the can box, and they have at it!

Crack Baby 1: Pappa, there is a snake in the sand box.
FAT CAT: I’ll be there in a minute. (then to me) the rain brought up some worms, I’ll get them.
CB1: Pappa!
FAT CAT: I’ll be there in a minute - I’m doing stuff.
CB2: PAPPA!
FAT CAT: I’m coming, it is just a worm.
CB1: The snake won’t let us play.
FAT CAT: Oh, for heavens sake, I’m coming, what the hell are you talking about, it is just a freaking worm - you aren’t afraid of pit bulls and a worm has you curled up in the corner. How are you ever going to be able to fish, if you can pick up a damn worm! You boys….

(The sound you are hearing is Fat Cat screaming as if the dead had risen, and two little boys screaming because he is screaming. There is crying, not sure who started that, and lots of arm waving.)

FC, CB1, CB2: SNAKE! SNAKE!

Fat Cat grabs one of the hot dog roasting skewers and flips the 15 inch snake out of the sand box and into the yard next door. He then pokes the sand with the skewer to make sure there are no more of them. The Babies go back to throwing sand, and Fat Cat has to get a shower and take a sedative.

No comments: